There are few things in life as thrilling as a scuba dive. Many people have never tried it – in fact, it’s an activity that seldom makes anyone’s bucket list. However, there are actually countless reasons to submerge yourself in the big blue and experience a world you could never have imagined. Scuba Mozambique, a premier scuba diving company that organises tours and dives in Mozambique, have what can be considered prime scuba diving real estate. The clear waters of the Mozambican coastline provide some of the very best viewing conditions for encountering all sorts of marine life. Below is a list of reasons as to why you should try scuba diving (preferably through one of the diving holidays organised by Scuba Mozambique – you can’t go wrong with them).
- For one, scuba diving affords you the opportunity to swim without any restrictions. If you’ve ever tried snorkelling, you will know that you can only go so deep before water fills your snorkel and you end up engulfing yourself with the ocean’s finest brew. Trained scuba divers can swim far deeper and see far beneath the surface. It is not uncommon for scuba divers to regale friends with tales of turtles, clown fish and even sting rays.
- Scuba diving as a pastime makes for an excellent stress reliever. There is no better feeling than the one of serenity and peace that washes over you after a dive. Being submerged in the sea with so many new and exciting creatures is exhilarating, yet, strangely enough, at the same time unbelievably tranquil.
- Regular scuba diving has been proven to help divers become better listeners who are able to concentrate for longer periods of time. Because of the extreme silence of the ocean, one learns to concentrate more on what is in front of them, and no other possible distractions. You begin to look at things differently and will see another level of productivity that you never even knew you had emerge.
- Scuba diving is also extremely therapeutic. It was used as a tool to help soldiers in the US Army deal with post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD. Soldiers would come back from war and battle to come to grips with the reality of things back home in relation to the war horrors they had seen. The peace of the ocean and the gentle flapping of the waves that accompanied every dive soon showed promising results in terms of their recoveries.
- Once the scuba diving bug bites, you will find yourself travelling more. The possibility of scuba diving in Mozambique or Australia, for example, will appeal to you and leave you motivated to achieve all of your scuba diving goals.
While diving may not be everyone’s cup of tea, scuba diving is one of those things that you should try at least once in your life. If the idea appeals to you, do not hesitate to contact Scuba Mozambique to help you plan your scuba diving trip.
Image credits: scubadiving.com/travel/all/secret-spot-twilight-zone