The honeymoon is the most sacred time of any marriage. Traditionally, the term “honeymoon” was given to the first month of marriage, which was believed to be the sweetest part of the union for the newlyweds. However, with all the pressure to make the honeymoon perfect, it is easy to ruin it by choosing the wrong venue and setting a negative tone for the entire trip. Below is a list of possible honeymoon locations in Africa –easily the best, most dynamic and cost-effective continent to travel to.
- Look out for Victoria Falls holiday packages. Based in both Zimbabwe and Zambia, the Victoria Falls provides excellent activities for young couples, including bungee jumping and sightseeing. Furthermore, the surrounding areas are home to a number of game reserves that proudly host The Big Five.
- For a more contemporary honeymoon, Cape Town, South Africa is the perfect place. As one of the world’s most beautiful cities, Cape Town has much to offer, including Table Mountain, Robben Island and gorgeous Blue Flag beaches.
- For adventurous couples, journeying to Egypt is the perfect thing to do. Explore ancient Egypt, tour the tombs or snap some images of the Sphinx before going on a cruise down the Nile River and seeing some of the impressive crocodiles lying along its banks.
- Kenya is such a beautiful country. Wildlife, gorgeous islands just off the coast and wonderful safari lodges create an array of attractions to explore. Decide what it is that you would like to do (maybe a bit of everything) and go for it. Kenya also has some of the most splendid sunsets in the world, making it an ideal romantic hot spot.
- Tanzania is the perfect place for any couple wanting to have the full African safari experience. The vast plains of the Serengeti and the amazing animals that live there will ensure that every day of your honeymoon is more special and more memorable than the last.
No matter what kind of honeymoon you are looking for, Africa is the place to go. It is beautiful, diverse and unique and has all the makings of an ideal honeymoon location.